The build your own retro game console kit
- All the parts you need to build a working 1980s game console
- Connect directly to most modern digital TVs and montors
- Learn as you build, with step-by-step tutorials
- Designed for complete beginners and experienced hobbyists alike
- Learn about how computers actually work from the very lowest levels, all the way up to writing your own games in assembly language and C
- Follow the guides to build a system that can play real game cartridges originally designed for the Sega® Master System™️open_in_new...
- ...or design your own project using the generic project board and reprogrammable audio/visual module
Watch the Teaser
Crowdfunding starts soon
All supporters of the crowdfunding campaign, once launched, will be able to pre-order a kit from 2023. Following a successful campaign kits will then be made available for general sales.
Sign up to be an early adopter and for more updates as they come, or check out the blog.
Help support me
I've been working on designing the Retcon project since the 2020 pandemic — almost three years at this point — and I can't wait to get it into the hands of real enthusiasts. I think it's an amazing learning opportunity and a seriously fun and rewarding project to put together for people of all backgrounds and experience levels.
— Will Britton, December 2022
If you like what I'm doing, you can help support me in the following ways:
- Sign up to the newsletter and share the emails with others
- Spread the word to anyone who you think would appreciate knowing about the project and about Undeveloper more generally
- Join in the conversation about Retcon on Discord; or about Undeveloper coaching, mentoring & tuition on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Be a crowdfunding backer / buy the project when it launches!
- Or if you just appreciate what I'm doing and want to help keep me fed, clothed and watered, you can buy me a coffee!